You have in all probability heard about nanotechnology, but perhaps have little or no idea as to what it’s about and how it relates to you. Nanotechnology makes life easier for all of us; it’s not just the stuff of science fiction. Essentially, nanotechnology is the science of working with matter on an atomic scale.
The practical side of nanotechnology
As an example, Science Daily ran a feature story about scientists designing a method to use nanotechnology to reduce the amount of friction in car engines and machines. If this technology becomes common, it can help extend the lives of machines and engines and enable them to operate more proficiently. According to the Science Daily story, a team of scientists created tiny polymer particles that were dispersed in automobile engine base oils. When tested under conditions that simulated those found in car engines, these tiny particles were found to have a phenomenal capacity to reduce friction.
More efficient motors
The story reported that even when these particles were dispersed at a low concentration, they boasted more effective friction-reducing abilities than the friction reducing additives used by lots of industries today. The scientists discovered that these particles, measuring just nanometers in size, made it possible to reduce friction by 55 percent more than additives currently can. We can expect more discoveries such as this down the road. The field of nanotechnology continues to grow. It’s growing so quickly, in fact, that the United States recently launched a national strategy for ensuring that environmental, health, and safety research needs are identified and addressed in the field.
The emerging world of nanotechnology
Next time you think of nanotechnology think about your car’s engine. In the future nanotechnology might be responsible for helping you save lots of money due to your engine using less gas.
Introduction to Wi-Fi Security from Management Concepts Inc
About Management Concepts
Management Concepts has been serving the business community in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan since 1981. Management Concepts offers technology solutions along with support, training and consulting services to Businesses primarily in Wisconsin and the upper Midwest. Management Concepts was founded on the combined strength of our employees who represent unsurpassed experience and ability in the business technology industry. For this reason, Management Concepts is able to offer state-of-the-art products, backed by unequaled support and services to meet the growing needs of your ever changing business.
- 10/31/2014 See How Visual Marketing Can be a Key to More Traffic and Sales
- 10/30/2014 What Social Media Tools Are Our Favorites
- 09/09/2014 Dropbox wants to become your default photo-sharing site
- 09/04/2014 3 Great Tips for Keeping People from Leaving Your Site Quickly
- 09/02/2014 Tips for Employing Google Analytics in Your Small Business
- 08/28/2014 That old iPhone or iPad doesn’t have to be sluggish
- 08/26/2014 Creative Ways to Use Vine in Your Video Messaging
- 08/21/2014 How to Use Humor to Connect with Your Audience
- 08/19/2014 Why YouTube is a Smart Move for Your Business
- 08/14/2014 The World is Going Mobile – Is Your Business Ready?